The Mission of the Society is to provide a forum that supports and encourages the improved management and prevention of obesity in Australia and New Zealand through increased awareness and understanding of obesity, improved research on obesity issues and the identification of improved management and prevention practices.
The society has six specific objectives on matters relating to overweight and obesity within Australia and New Zealand to:
- Ensure active communication with and between members of the society;
- Promote interaction between different disciplines/perspectives on obesity and provide an independent and authoritative voice that represents the broad multi-disciplinary membership;
- Be actively involved in policy development;
- Promote an improved public understanding;
- Promote an improved professional understanding; and
- Promote, facilitate research and nurture young researchers.
Search ANZOS site:
We have 76 guests and no members online